Friday, February 12, 2010

How else can I help you?

A current client emailed me asking to help his sick family member raise money for hospital costs, asking if my services could provide fundraising.

No, I replied, unless you have a 501c3 and a bank account, and, and, and...

But back in my memory I had filed away www.chipin.com as a way nontraditional fundraising could be handled for needs that are too small for formal organizations. This was a great application, I thought. So, while I hate turning away an existing client who comes to me asking for fundraising help, I was able at least able to refer him to ChipIn.

I touched base with him this morning and asked how it was going.

His reply:
I am using Chipin.com...and have raised over $5000 in 48 hours…unbelievable and a renewed sense of the American spirit.

I am glad to be able to help in another way!

No comments: